Dr. Benjamin Ritter, founder of Live for Yourself (LFY) Consulting, is a Chicago, IL, and Austin, TX, based leadership, career, and empowerment coach, national speaker, consultant, mentor, and passionate about guiding others in finding, creating, and sustaining a career and life they love.
During his time as a healthcare executive and side hustling entrepreneur he was overworked and under-utilized, and despite his professional success didn’t feel successful. After much introspection he pivoted professionally and launched himself into the field of leadership development and personal empowerment.
The culmination of these events and his previous personal, professional, and educational experiences led him to create Live for Yourself (LFY) Consulting, a coaching/consulting company that is focused on leading and empowering intrapreneurs and entrepreneurs that feel overwhelmed, overworked, or under-utilized, create a career that they love.
In this episode, Dr. Benjamin Ritter shares with us how he made his change from a well-paid and secure job as a healthcare executive to becoming a leadership coach. What his lack of leadership in his role taught him about his life purpose. How being lost and stuck drove him to ask self-leadership questions to pursue his own passions. The destructive nature of social media. We dive deep into how and why you spend the time that you do.
- What people don’t tell you about finding your purpose at an early age
- Be careful about how you define success
- How focusing on external validations nearly destroyed his physical and mental health
- How failures broke his self-confidence
- How destructive social media can be to your life
- What to look out for in your leadership space
- How and why do you spend your time?
- Summing up Adult learning theory
- What is self-leadership?
You can find out more about Dr. Benjamin Ritter by visiting his website below:
Dr Benjamin Ritter’s Website